Listen to the full episode to hear two creative writing ideas:
For the last few weeks, I’ve been sharing creative writing ideas that get students writing and working on their literacy skills in a fun and non-threatening way. I love coming up with ways to disguise writing and have so many ideas, but narrowed it down to my final two that I’m going to share. Those two routines are Acrostic Response and Tell All About It.
If you’ve listened to Episodes 135 and Episode 134, you know that I’ll be breaking down the purpose, suggested time, general tips, examples, and ways to support or extend each routine. While these routines still work on literacy skills, what makes these two creative writing ideas unique is they touch on a genre and type of writing that usually doesn’t get a lot of love or attention.
Since we’re at the end of the series, not only would I love to hear which creative writing ideas were your favorite, but samples of what your students have created! Share your hard work and dedication to these routines with me on Instagram or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
In this episode on creative writing ideas, I share:
- Two writing routines that are engaging and enjoyable
- Each routine’s purpose, suggested time, tips and support ideas
- How to get these routines implemented in a matter of minutes
- Helpful tips to continue this work in your classroom
- How to effectively use the Sampler Pack when using each routine
- Ways to get students talking and interacting with their peers
- The Daily Writing Disguise
- Free Collections Sampler Pack
- Episode 135, Quick Write & Emoji Memories: Disguising Writing Part 2
- Episode 134, Picture This & Building Words: Disguising Writing Part 1
Connect with Megan:
About The Literacy Dive Podcast:
Do you find yourself seeking new ideas when it comes to literacy instruction in elementary classrooms? The Literacy Dive Podcast was created to offer actionable steps and to share information for teachers, like you, who are always looking to improve their craft! ELA is our jam and we are excited to dive into all things reading and writing with you!
Your host, Megan Polk, is the creator and owner behind The Literacy Dive and loves to support students and their teachers with curriculum, literacy instruction, best practices, and engaging literacy activities.
Dive in with us every Monday for a new episode from Megan! She, and her guests, will chat about various literacy topics and will bring you tips and tricks that can easily be implemented in your classrooms. You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more!