Listen to the full episode to hear how to reset your relationships with parents:
The last month has been all about resetting your classroom routines and reading and writing instruction. While all those are important, there’s another aspect of teaching we often forget about that might need a reset. That area is your relationships with parents. In today’s episode, I’m exploring three areas to consider when determining if a reset is necessary pertaining to your relationships with parents.
Speaking from experience, I’ve gathered and evaluated everything I’ve done regarding improving my relationship with parents, and have narrowed it down to these three main categories: communication, support, and interactions/involvement. To give further insight, I breakdown each category and provide simple and effective ideas and strategies that you can easily implement in the new year.
Building healthy relationships, having effective communication, and having support and involvement from parents should always be a goal for a teacher. I encourage you to apply several suggestions from my examples to help either change or strengthen your relationships with parents for the rest of the school year.
In this Episode on How to Reset Your Relationships with Parents, I Share:
- Questions to ask yourself regarding your communication, support, and involvement with parents
- Why it’s better to over-communicate rather than not communicate enough
- How virtual and online platforms are a benefit when it comes to involving parents
- Specific ways parents can support their children and reinforce learning at home
- Join the Writing Made Simple Membership
- Episode 115, Your Reading Block: Reflect & Reset for 2023
- Episode 114, Your Writing Block: Reflect & Reset for 2023
- Episode 113, Classroom Routines: Reflect & Reset for 2023
- Episode 112, How to be a Parent-Friendly Teacher with Heidi & Emily
- Guided Reading Question Cards
- Reading Reference Sheets
- Writing Reference Sheets
Connect with Megan:
About The Literacy Dive Podcast:
Do you find yourself seeking new ideas when it comes to literacy instruction in elementary classrooms? The Literacy Dive Podcast was created to offer actionable steps and to share information for teachers, like you, who are always looking to improve their craft! ELA is our jam and we are excited to dive into all things reading and writing with you!
Your host, Megan Polk, is the creator and owner behind The Literacy Dive and loves to support students and their teachers with curriculum, literacy instruction, best practices, and engaging literacy activities.
Dive in with us every Monday for a new episode from Megan! She, and her guests, will chat about various literacy topics and will bring you tips and tricks that can easily be implemented in your classrooms. You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more!