Last week I talked about context clues strategies, but I’m sure many of you are wondering how to actually teach context clues and when. I got you! This episode is going to cover how to apply the different strategies I shared and really give you a framework for implementing them.
Just like all the great activities in literacy, you can start to teach context clues by using highlighters and anchor charts. As you listen you’ll realize that the strategies I’ve provided can seamlessly be woven into your current lessons. Before you know it your students will be internalizing and utilizing these strategies all on their own!
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway to celebrate a full year of The Literacy Dive Podcast!
- Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Before you submit, take a screenshot and send it to me on Instagram @theliteracydive
- BONUS ENTRY: Screenshot a favorite episode, share it in your Instagram stories, and tag me @theliteracydive
In this episode I share:
- How to introduce context clues to your students
- Steps for implementing context clue strategies
- 4 words that will remind students how to find the meaning of unknown words
- When to apply strategies for unknown words throughout your reading block
- Tips for differentiating instruction
- Context Clues FREEBIE
- Context Clues Mini Unit
- Episode 53, 7 Context Clues Strategies Every Student Should Know
Connect with Megan:
- Check out my TpT Store
- Subscribe to my E-mail list
- Instagram Posts
- Blog Posts
- Facebook Posts
- Watch my YouTube channel
About The Literacy Dive Podcast:
Do you find yourself seeking new ideas when it comes to literacy instruction in elementary classrooms? The Literacy Dive Podcast was created to offer actionable steps and to share information for teachers, like you, who are always looking to improve their craft! ELA is our jam and we are excited to dive into all things reading and writing with you!
Your host, Megan Polk, is the creator and owner behind The Literacy Dive and loves to support students and their teachers with curriculum, literacy instruction, best practices, and engaging literacy activities.
Dive in with us every Monday for a new episode from Megan! She, and her guests, will chat about various literacy topics and will bring you tips and tricks that can easily be implemented in your classrooms. You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more! If you find value from listening to this podcast, please rate this show, leave a review, and follow!
You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more! If you find value from listening to this podcast, please rate this show, leave a review, and follow!