Guess what?! Today’s episode is my one year anniversary of The Literacy Dive Podcast. How exciting is that? Whether you’ve listened to one episode, every single one, or somewhere in between…thank you!
To add to the excitement, this episode is airing on November 1, 2021. The beginning of a new month is always a fun and refreshing time. I remember my students coming in at the beginning of a month eager to see what special days were planned and what the new writing prompts would be!
You may already know that I am a HUGE fan of writing prompts, and for good reason. Writing prompts offer students choice and opportunities to practice their writing skills, often times in a low impact non-stressful way. They are an engaging way to increase your students’ overall love of writing. I’m going to walk you through the details of why writing prompts are so useful and how I use them to cultivate excited writers. If you’re wondering how you’re supposed to fit writing prompts in, don’t worry…I’m covering that too!
PS: Don’t forget to enter my giveaway to celebrate a full year of The Literacy Dive Podcast:
1. Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Before you submit, take a screenshot and send it to me on Instagram @theliteracydive or in an email at email@example.com
2. BONUS ENTRY: Screenshot a favorite episode, share it in your Instagram stories, and tag me @theliteracydive.
In this episode I share:
- My definition of a writing prompt
- Why writing prompts are such a useful tool
- Tips on choosing writing prompts that will spark creativity and engagement
- How writing prompts can direct student writing
- Specific questions I like to model with my students
- When and where to implement the writing prompt style of writing
- Grab my Monthly Writing Prompts.
- Tune into Episode 9: Using Quick Writes to Strengthen Student Writing
Connect with Megan:
- Check out my TpT Store
- Subscribe to my E-mail list
- Instagram Posts
- Blog Posts
- Facebook Posts
- Watch my YouTube channel
About The Literacy Dive Podcast:
Do you find yourself seeking new ideas when it comes to literacy instruction in elementary classrooms? The Literacy Dive Podcast was created to offer actionable steps and to share information for teachers, like you, who are always looking to improve their craft! ELA is our jam and we are excited to dive into all things reading and writing with you!
Your host, Megan Polk, is the creator and owner behind The Literacy Dive and loves to support students and their teachers with curriculum, literacy instruction, best practices, and engaging literacy activities.
Dive in with us every Monday for a new episode from Megan! She, and her guests, will chat about various literacy topics and will bring you tips and tricks that can easily be implemented in your classrooms. You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more! If you find value from listening to this podcast, please rate this show, leave a review, and follow!
You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more! If you find value from listening to this podcast, please rate this show, leave a review, and follow!