Listen to the full episode below:
If you’ve been following along the last two weeks you know that this is the last episode of the three-part holiday literacy ideas series. I’ve provided you with six strategies thus far and today I’ll be giving you four more! The purpose of these strategies is not to add more onto your plate, but rather incorporate small changes into your current schedule. You’ll be working smarter, not harder!
There are multiple ways to increase student engagement, it just takes a little creativity. I’ve got you covered! We’re going to step back from paper and pencil tasks and broaden the ways students will be sharing what they know. The best part about these ideas is that you can use them after the holidays when your students return from break to ease them back into their routine.
In this episode I share:
- 4 literacy ideas for the holiday season
- How to modify your lessons so they can be used at home
- Creative ideas to ensure all students are participating
- A no-prep literacy activity to work on growing sentences
Related literacy ideas to help get you to winter break:
- Christmas Writing Christmas Around the World Reading & Writing Activities
- Kwanzaa Reading & Writing Activities
- Christmas Writing Choice Boards
- December Writing Prompts
- Writing Center Posters
- Episode 60, Holiday Literacy Ideas to Get You to Winter Break | Part 2
- Episode 59, Holiday Literacy Ideas to Get You to Winter Break | Part 1
- Episode 9, Using Quick Writes to Strengthen Student Writing
Connect with Megan:
- Check out my TpT Store
- Subscribe to my E-mail list
- Instagram Posts
- Blog Posts
- Facebook Posts
- Watch my YouTube channel
About The Literacy Dive Podcast:
Do you find yourself seeking new ideas when it comes to literacy instruction in elementary classrooms? The Literacy Dive Podcast was created to offer actionable steps and to share information for teachers, like you, who are always looking to improve their craft! ELA is our jam and we are excited to dive into all things reading and writing with you!
Your host, Megan Polk, is the creator and owner behind The Literacy Dive and loves to support students and their teachers with curriculum, literacy instruction, best practices, and engaging literacy activities.
Dive in with us every Monday for a new episode from Megan! She, and her guests, will chat about various literacy topics and will bring you tips and tricks that can easily be implemented in your classrooms. You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more! If you find value from listening to this podcast, please rate this show, leave a review, and follow!
You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more! If you find value from listening to this podcast, please rate this show, leave a review, and follow!