Listen to the full episode to hear a teacher’s summer to-do list:
With summer approaching, it’s important for teachers to take some time to take a break and relax because you deserve it! I don’t know about you, but I’ve never been good at taking the whole summer off.
So in today’s episode I’m sharing 8 tasks that you can add to your summer to-do list that will help you ease yourself back into school!
Like I mentioned, I tend to get antsy or feel overwhelmed when I head back to school if I don’t prepare just a little bit over the summer for the upcoming school year. Plus, I’ve found that taking the whole summer off can make it difficult to get back in the groove when school starts again.
I’m a believer in a good balance between work and relaxation, and this teacher’s summer to-do list will accomplish just that.
The 8 tasks for a teacher’s summer to-do list include:
- Prioritize what brings you joy
- Read for work and enjoyment
- Plan ahead for the next school year
- Participate in professional development seminars
- Create personal and professional goals
- Start a side hustle or social media page
- Find local meetups
Summer is a time for you! You deserve to take a break and find what brings you joy again, but also what might bring you joy is looking ahead to what’s to come in the fall. Finding the balance of relaxation and preparation will help provide peace, joy, and less stress for future you. Working on this teacher’s summer to-do list will give you the best of both worlds!
In this episode on a teacher’s summer to-do list, I share:
- 8 tasks for a teacher’s summer to-do list
- A way to create a balance between relaxation, rejuvenation, and productivity
- Why reading a variety of books, especially in your struggling areas, can help bring you ideas and strategies to your classroom
- How to connect with me on Instagram for PD seminar opportunities or help
- Online Summer Classes Google Form
- Episode 81, Engaging Literacy-Based End of Year Activities
- Episode 80, 8 Ideas to Prevent Summer Slide
Connect with Megan:
- Check out my TpT Store
- Subscribe to my E-mail list
- Instagram Posts
- Blog Posts
- Facebook Posts
- Watch my YouTube channel
About The Literacy Dive Podcast:
Do you find yourself seeking new ideas when it comes to literacy instruction in elementary classrooms? The Literacy Dive Podcast was created to offer actionable steps and to share information for teachers, like you, who are always looking to improve their craft! ELA is our jam and we are excited to dive into all things reading and writing with you!
Your host, Megan Polk, is the creator and owner behind The Literacy Dive and loves to support students and their teachers with curriculum, literacy instruction, best practices, and engaging literacy activities.
Dive in with us every Monday for a new episode from Megan! She, and her guests, will chat about various literacy topics and will bring you tips and tricks that can easily be implemented in your classrooms. You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more! If you find value from listening to this podcast, please rate this show, leave a review, and follow!
You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more! If you find value from listening to this podcast, please rate this show, leave a review, and follow!