Last week I talked about writing prompts and this week I will continue the conversation by giving you tips to implement writing prompts. If you haven’t been using writing prompts regularly, I can imagine it may be intimidating to put it on your schedule every day of the week. What I can also tell you is that if writing prompts stress you out, then I’m about to change your mind.
Writing prompts are meant to be fun for both you and your students. By keeping this time of day positive and encouraging your students to share their thoughts on paper, your students will most likely share your enthusiasm. You may actually be surprised by the quality and quantity of writing you get while working on writing prompts compared to a writers workshop. I hope that this episode has decreased any stress or anxiety you may have had and that you are ready to make writing fun!
PS: Don’t forget to enter my giveaway to celebrate a full year of The Literacy Dive Podcast:
1. Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Before you submit, take a screenshot and send it to me on Instagram @theliteracydive or in an email at email@example.com
2. BONUS ENTRY: Screenshot a favorite episode, share it in your Instagram stories, and tag me @theliteracydive.
In this episode I share:
- 7 big ideas to implement writing prompts
- The importance of getting time for writing prompts onto your schedule
- What to do if a writing process is too difficult for a student
- How to manage your expectations for writing prompts vs. writing workshops
- Ways to motivate and differentiate for your students
- Grab my Monthly Writing Prompts.
- Episode 55: Cultivating Engaged and Confident Writers Through the Use of Writing Prompts
- Episode 9: Using Quick Writes to Strengthen Student Writing
Connect with Megan:
- Check out my TpT Store
- Subscribe to my E-mail list
- Instagram Posts
- Blog Posts
- Facebook Posts
- Watch my YouTube channel
About The Literacy Dive Podcast:
Do you find yourself seeking new ideas when it comes to literacy instruction in elementary classrooms? The Literacy Dive Podcast was created to offer actionable steps and to share information for teachers, like you, who are always looking to improve their craft! ELA is our jam and we are excited to dive into all things reading and writing with you!
Your host, Megan Polk, is the creator and owner behind The Literacy Dive and loves to support students and their teachers with curriculum, literacy instruction, best practices, and engaging literacy activities.
Dive in with us every Monday for a new episode from Megan! She, and her guests, will chat about various literacy topics and will bring you tips and tricks that can easily be implemented in your classrooms. You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more! If you find value from listening to this podcast, please rate this show, leave a review, and follow!
You can tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Listen to The Literacy Dive Podcast on platforms like Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and more! If you find value from listening to this podcast, please rate this show, leave a review, and follow!